Friday, October 31, 2014

The Thinned Veil

Happy Halloween! Merry Samhain!

Today is my favorite holiday; I can hardly wait for night to cloak our town. Hopefully it will be a clear, cool night.

The best part about this holiday is the thinning of the veil. It is believed that between sunset of October 31st and sunrise of November 1st, the veil between the spirit world and our word is thin. For this we must light jack-o-lanterns to keep away evil or tricky spirits.

One can take advantage of the thin veil to inform spirits of their wish in order to further their progress to success.

I created two spells for wing growth to tryout tonight. Feel free to use them, however, to strengthen their power for you it would be best to tweak them to your befitting.

~ Blessed Apple Cider:

(This is for my homemade cider, following this recipe: Homemade Apple Cider (Non-alcoholic) But I changes some aspects of the recipe to suit my desires)

Every time you check the boiling apples, chant this phrase while imagining white light flowing from the apples as stem and being an aura around each apple:

"I call upon thee air spirits abound,
Invoke yourselves through the steam around,
Blessed be these apples with light to grant me wings for flight."

While doing so, always  remember to know your intentions and keep them in mind all throughout.

Once finished, fill selected bottle, pitcher, etc. to contain the cider. After it is filled bless the cider with the incantation;

"Victoria I request thee,
Here my plead,
Grant me victory,
With wings I will be freed.

Nike I request thee,
Present to me grace,
Wings for all to see,
Growth at the necessary pace.

Isis I request thee,
Such beauty I desire for my wings,
Sprouting forth such as your Sycamore tree,
Given flight and speed and all it brings.

Shinatobe I request thee,
Lift me away on your breeze,
An avian human I wish to be,
Grant this please.

The will be embodied in this beverage,
Filling thy body with the blessings,
To give to me leverage,
By the power of three (x3),
As I will it, so may it be."

Envision your wings as you drink the cider. Note that this will not effect others who have not added their wishes to the cider.


~ Ancestor Request Prayer:

During the time between sunset and sunrise, chant with your intentions in mind:

"Those before me,
Scattered on the family tree,
Accept my change,
Allow thy body to rearrange,
Hear my plea for flight,
Above with feathers so light,
By thy descended power,
Here during this ancient hour,
A new line of winged ones,
I with wings and onward it runs,
With your blessings, now a new me,
Blessed rest, blessed be."

No comments:

Post a Comment